The standard weather tiles can be used for free under certain conditions.
The following tile sets are standard:
Special tile sets are not standard:
- special tile sets generated on customer request
The conditions for use are the conditions of the "Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License":
The standard weather tiles of OpenPortGuide can be used considering the following license: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) (shorf version).
A more details version of the license can be found here: Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International Public License (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0) (long version).
The conditions for the use of the tiles according to the "CC BY-NC-SA 4.0" are the following:
You are allowed to:
- copy and redistribute
- remix, transform, and build upon
the tiles under the condition you:
- not use the material for commercial purposes
- the material has to be availabe to the public with no charge
- give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
just place the Logo of openportguide at the lower end of your map, connected with a link to openportguide.de like this example:
If at least one condition is not matching for you, you can use the tiles for a fee.
Independend of the fact you want to use the material for free or for a fee, you have to apply for the unlocking of your website or app by filling out the following form: unlocking of weather data.
After verification of your request your website or app will be unlocked on the server or you get an offer to use the tiles.
Befor the unlocking the server will automaticly awnser the reqests for actual tiles by delivering demo tiles. So it´s easy to test the tiles before applying for the unlocking.